PAR Contractors is Committed to Building Green
Energy efficiency and building green are important to us and our future generations now more than ever. Energy efficient homes protect the environment, are more comfortable, and provide lower utility bills. PAR Contractors takes the extra steps to make sure that your home is the most energy efficient it can be with features like Energy Star rated windows, upgraded insulation, high efficiency HVAC systems, house wraps and tight construction. PAR Contractors is a certified Structural Insulated Panel builder (SIPA).
What is Green Building?
Green building is the practice of minimizing the impact a building has on the natural environment. Although there are numerous theories and rating systems proposing how this can be accomplished, they all share several clear goals:
- Reduced Energy Consumption – Energy is in high demand, and the processes used to generate energy often produce carbon dioxide emissions. Decreasing energy and fossil fuel use in buildings is important to prevent large-scale climate change.
- Material and Resource Conservation – Green designers and builders select building materials and methods that reduce the amount of natural resources required to construct a building.
- Healthy Indoor Environment – With people spending 90% of their time indoors, buildings should create a safe environment for occupants, free from mold, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or other harmful airborne pollutants.
- Water Conservation – Water-saving systems limit the use of this important natural resource and prevent water pollution that can damage natural ecosystems.
- Site Planning – Careful site and infrastructure development will minimize water and air pollution.
Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are one of the most airtight and well insulated building systems available, making them an inherently green product. An airtight SIP building will use less energy to heat and cool, allow for better control over indoor environmental conditions, and reduce construction waste.
SIPs Save Energy
- Building with SIPs creates a superior building envelope with high thermal resistance and minimal air infiltration.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Whole-wall R-value studies show that a 4-inch SIP wall (nominal) rated at R-14 outperforms a 2x6 stick framed wall with R-19 fiberglass insulation.6
- ORNL blower door tests reveal that a SIP test room is 15 times more airtight than its stick framed counterpart with fiberglass insulation.7
- Up to 40% of a home’s heat loss is due to air leakage.8
- SIPs have demonstrated amazingly low blower door test results when properly sealed. Based on the reliable performance of SIPs, ENERGY STAR for Homes chose to eliminate the required blower door test for SIP homes to meet ENERGY STAR standards.
For more information on Structural Insulated Panel building please visit www.sips.org
530 South Jefferson Davis Parkway
504.304.2342 | fax: 504.304.2343
530 South Jefferson Davis Parkway, New Orleans, LA 70119 | 504.304.2342